Pure Naturals Kelp
WHAT IS KELP?
Kelp is a kind of seaweed that typically grows in “forests” in shallow saltwater. People in Japan and China have traditionally eaten kelp for its many nutritional benefits. Kelp is considered a superfood, meaning that it is extremely rich in nutrients. Kelp can be eaten dried or taken as a regular supplement. Kelp works as a very effective supplement because it is rich in vitamins and minerals.
- It contains several B vitamins, which help to produce energy in your body and maintain cellular metabolism.
- It also contains vitamin E, which helps to protect cell membranes, and
- Vitamin C, which is essential for strengthening the immune system and free radicals.
- Kelp also contains the minerals magnesium, potassium, calcium, and boron. These help to strengthen bones and muscle function.
- Kelp also contains sodium alginate, a kind of natural salt that is good for you. Sodium helps the intestinal wall to absorb calcium.
This collection of minerals makes kelp a good choice for a women’s vitamin, as women often have a deficiency of these minerals, particularly during the menstrual cycle.
RICH NATURAL SOURCE OF IODINE
Kelp is the best available natural supplement for supplying the body with iodine. Iodine is essential to promote healthy thyroid function. The thyroid gland, located in the throat, regulates body temperature and supports cellular metabolism. Therefore, kelp helps to moderate body temperature and metabolism. Alginate, a fibrous material found in kelp work to prevent fat absorption supporting healthy weight management. In addition, kelp also works as a natural antibiotic, supporting immune health.